Kirjoittaja Aihe: Revolt  (Luettu 10688 kertaa)

0 jäsentä ja 1 Vieras katselee tätä aihetta.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
Revolt
« : 29 Huhtikuu, 2009, 21:44:05 »
ESC............................   Hobbywing EZRUN 80A
Motor..........................   EZRUN 3674 SL, 2350kv
Receiver......................   Futaba R603FS, 2.4 GHz
Transmitter..................   Futaba 3PM
Batteries.....................   2 x Flightmax 5000 mAh 3S 25c in parallel
Maximum current...........   250 A constant (batteries), 80 A constant (ESC)
Servos........................   2 x Traxxas 2075 (0,88 Nm)
Tires...........................   Pro-Line Maxx Paddle
Wheels........................   Hong Nor 17mm White 1/2 Offset MT wheel
Chassis.......................   Stock E-Revo chassis
Suspension..................   Stock E-Revo suspension
Battery connectors.......   Traxxas High Current
Transmission................   Stock E-Revo four wheel drive
Drive shafts.................   Traxxas Revo stock plastic drive shafts
Body...........................   1. Stock E-Revo body
                                    2. Land Rover Defender G4 130 HCPU - Tangerine Orange
Colour.........................   Red / Orange
Shocks.......................   Traxxas GTR
Spur...........................   E-Revo stock spur ??T
Pinion.........................   Castle Creations 17T 32P

Dimensions:
Wheelbase:..................   358 mm (stock)
Length:.......................   ? mm
Width:.........................   450 mm
Height:..,.....................   260 mm

The beginning of building project

It is time to start a new project. This time story in English as the owner and driver of the truck is Brazilian and our best common language is English.

Basis for this new truck is new, unused E-Revo with brushed engine.

Plan is to remove EVX-2 and Titan motors and replace those with Hobbywing 80A ESC and eZrun 3665SL motor. Other modifications in the beginning will be LiPo batteries and paddle tires. Remains to be seen what modifications will follow, but I have already started development of new extended chassis for Revo. This time completely different approach compared to Revolution.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 27 Elokuu, 2009, 16:01:55 kirjoittanut Penguin »
Autorata.com - RC Formula Offroad Racing Team
Membre de la Federation Internationale de l'Automobile

Zarizi Tech

• RFOT
  • RFOT
Vs: Revolt
« Vastaus #1 : 29 Huhtikuu, 2009, 22:08:37 »
Sounds cool. It'll be nice to see what you can get from scratch as E-Revo. Looking foward..  :D
Samu Sarka, RFOT, FIN
President of ERCCA / Member of WRCCA
RC4WD ~ Moreno Creation's

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #2 : 01 Toukokuu, 2009, 21:31:18 »
Battery building, crawling and birthday party has kept me busy as well as spring sale in our rc garage. Despite of that I received the Revolt yesterday and it is practically unused E-Revo with two stock (brushed) engines. First we need to rip such underpowered and failure prone toy motors away.

Now there is room for new power line ordered yesterday.

Remains to be seen how it will perform with these budget parts.

SnoopMaxx

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #3 : 02 Toukokuu, 2009, 16:37:25 »
Cool  ;D I cant wait to see this one finished

c",)

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #4 : 09 Toukokuu, 2009, 01:02:06 »
I was looking for new driving places today and I visited in local Hong Nor retailer too. From there I found suitable monster wheels for Revolt.

Maxx Paddle tires ordered from LiquidRC will be installed on these wheels and Traxxas 17 mm hex hub & nut will be used to mount the wheels.

I also received a confirmation that ESC and motor combo has been shipped. According to Hong Kong Post the shipment will leave Hong Kong for its destination on 9-May-2009 which is today.

By the way I did found couple decent places to drive with Unlimited class truck, but unfortunately both places had fences blocking road access to the pit. I have been looking good places from Google Earth and I still have about 20 gravel pits to check in capital area of Finland.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 09 Toukokuu, 2009, 01:04:53 kirjoittanut Penguin »

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #5 : 13 Toukokuu, 2009, 19:47:36 »
I visited post office and what I found was quite a big ESC + motor + accessories.

Everything printed into box says there is 150A ESC inside, except small label attached to back of box. It says:

EZRUN-80A-N
Program Card
3674SL-2350KV
19T-5mm-32P-Gear

Lets look inside the box.

From the box we can find Hobbywind ESC which is fairly big.

Motor is EZRUN 3674SL 2350kV V2 with heat sink and fan attached

Programming will be done with Hobbywing program card compatible with multiple Hobbywing speed controllers.

May be not as many configuration options and variations than in Castle Creation Mamba controllers, but I have one smaller ESC + motor combo and with that those available configuration options are enough.

Pinion by the way is 21 teeth but otherwise all printed in the small label match with the content. There is also collection of heat shrinkable tube, 10 cm of 10 AWG silicon cable, screws and stickers included. User manuals for the ESC and programming card where included too.

Lets see if I have time to install these tomorrow...

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #6 : 13 Toukokuu, 2009, 20:03:00 »
Lets compare this new ESC to old EVX-2 which is not the smallest speed controllers in market.

This new one is really big indeed. Much bigger than e.g. Mamba Monster.

Edit: I had to test how motor and ESC will fit to E-Revo chassis.

Quite well. I thought front mounted motor could be better in foff. I installed 17 teeth 32P pinion from Castle Creations. Hobbywing ESC fits perfectly to EVX-2 place using even same screw holes. Stock motor cables from ESC are too short and have to be changed. I will do that tomorrow and then it will be time for test run.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 13 Toukokuu, 2009, 22:17:49 kirjoittanut Penguin »

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #7 : 14 Toukokuu, 2009, 22:16:48 »
Unfortunately I did not have time to solder new cables to ESC and test the truck as I was in my daily job instead. Today new 17 mm hex hubs and nuts arrived with Traxxas wheel wrench. The wrench did not fit inside HongNor wheel and I had to use turning machine to grind the wrench and reduce its outer diameter by 2 mm.

« Viimeksi muokattu: 14 Toukokuu, 2009, 22:20:40 kirjoittanut Penguin »

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #8 : 15 Toukokuu, 2009, 17:55:57 »
Maxx Paddle tires arrived today from Liquid RC.

I could not wait before installing them to the wheels. I also assembled those to the truck with hex hubs to see how Revolt looks like with paddle tires.

It looks almost like formula offroad truck.

Update:

I soldered new motor cables to ESC and connected those to cables from motor by soldering those with silver solder. Traxxas high current battery connector is also soldered, but an adapter cable is still needed to connect two batteries. I have not decided yet, if we will use two 4S batteries in parallel or two 2S batteries in series.

Then I closed all air vents in battery compartments by filling the vents with silicone.

Now everything is ok, only receiver box needs to be closed and antenna installed. Giga radio is still missing, but even without it Revolt starts to be ready for testing.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 15 Toukokuu, 2009, 22:52:19 kirjoittanut Penguin »

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #9 : 16 Toukokuu, 2009, 18:25:44 »
ESC died with second set for 4S batteries. Now I am waiting for reply from Hobbywing...

Anyway it was fun to drive whole 20 minutes with first battery set.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #10 : 17 Toukokuu, 2009, 17:57:51 »
I sent a message to Hobbywing if they would give any hints what could be the problem with ESC and how to solve it or if they would change or send a new one. Famous "usage smoke" did not leak out from it nor can I see any damaged component in circuit boards.

While waiting for new ESC we have keep the feeling with these videos:

There is one problem with the driving of the Revolt: It does not turn in loose sand. I have few ideas in list what to do and changes will be done in differentials, springs and shocks.
« Viimeksi muokattu: 17 Toukokuu, 2009, 18:10:51 kirjoittanut Penguin »

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #11 : 16 Kesäkuu, 2009, 14:59:32 »
I just received a confirmation that ESC has arrived to manufacturer in China for repair.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #12 : 31 Heinäkuu, 2009, 20:51:34 »
Repaired ESC has been installed and so far everything seems to work. We made some additional spur covers to second motor mount and silicone has been used to close other holes. We are planning to test this truck on Sunday in Mänttä and participate to World Championships three weeks later. Everything depends on if the ESC works this time longer than 10 minutes.

SnoopMaxx

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #13 : 02 Elokuu, 2009, 04:08:38 »
It looks cool and very fast  :)
You should upload those videos to YouTube

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #14 : 02 Elokuu, 2009, 21:12:54 »
Todays short test run was short but successful. This far everything seems to work properly. I also bought center differential today to reduce major under-steering we are struggling with.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #15 : 07 Elokuu, 2009, 16:40:43 »
First tests with center differential where promising. Handling is much better although it seems that center differential oil is too thin for the purpose. I ordered new thicker silicone oil and while waiting for the order I cleaned and re-installed two alternative front differentials for the truck. The original one from E-Revo (Revolt) with 50K fluid and one originating from Revo 3.3 (Revolution) with 30K fluid. Purpose of two differentials with different fluids is to test which will be the best setup for front differential.

It was also interesting to notice that parts inside E-Revo and Revo 3.3 differentials are different. I do not know if it because of age of the truck or because of model. Anyway externally those are transferable so it does not make big difference.

Center differential will get either 50K, 100K or 500K fluid inside depending on which works best. Anyway more testing with different setups is needed before this truck is ready for World Championships.

SnoopMaxx

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #16 : 07 Elokuu, 2009, 17:39:41 »
The E-Revo diff is the newer one

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #17 : 17 Elokuu, 2009, 21:59:58 »
Heavy tuning is ongoing still just before World Championships next weekend. Suspension and transmission tests have been continued by testing with different silicone oils in differentials and spring rates to adjust driveability. Turning has improved a lot from stock E-Revo. Spring setup for the next weekend race is final, but central differential needs to tested with latest adjustments although I am quite sure that is the final.

I started to make body for the Revolt by taking a new body for Revolution and cutting about 100 mm away from front of the bed. Currently the body is in two pieces but target is to weld those into one piece tomorrow evening.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #18 : 18 Elokuu, 2009, 23:04:34 »
New body is forming and looks quite good already. With this length the body looks even
better than in Revolution which looks little bit overstretched.

I have welded front and rear pieces together and now the seam is waiting for drying and
hardening until tomorrow. Then I will sand the whole body and finalize the welded seam.
Body should be ready for painting on Thursday.

Penguin

• FOFF Competitor
« Vastaus #19 : 19 Elokuu, 2009, 23:17:07 »
Body has been sanded, filled and sanded again. Front bumper is now installed and rear bumper mount made as E-Revo has originally wing mount and rear wing which does to fit with LR body. Bumber mount could be replaced with original one from Traxxas later, but there was no such available before the weekend.